Innovative companies have a way to keep on bringing improved products to market. Cryptosteel is one of those companies. Its recent release of the Cryptosteel capsule is especially impressive because of how innovative it is.
You would think that there cannot be anything too innovative about what basically amounts to little metal pieces. Nevertheless, the capsule proves that as challenging as it might be to innovate when you “play” around with metal pieces, Cryptosteel has pulled it off. Here is what this great capsule can do for you.
Cryptosteel Capsule Features
When it comes to the Cryptosteel capsule, innovation starts in the way the information is stored. As opposed to the cassette, your keys within the capsule are stringed vertically instead of horizontally. This gives you the following advantages:
- It makes data impossible to read at a glance – you actually have to take the letters out and organize them to decode your keys, as opposed to the cassette which allows you to see them right away if you open it.
- Makes it less conspicuous than the cassette.
- Cryptosteel capsules are easier to store and transport
Cryptosteel Capsule: Technical Features
As far as technical features go, the Cryptosteel capsule offers several clever innovations. Here are some of the technical features this product offers:
- Standardized letter tiles with separators to string together.
- Weighs 515 grams.
- 800 tiles in a single tile set.
- Tamper proof DIY fireproof seal.
- Shockproof, waterproof, and stainless.
- Fireproof up to 1,400 degrees Celsius.
Full coverage for:
- BIP39 (unabbreviated 12-word seeds and 4-letter abbreviations for 24-word seeds).
- Shamir backup SLIP39 (4-letter abbreviations of 20-word seeds).
- BIP32 root keys.
- WIF private keys.
- Monero mnemonic seeds for 4-letter abbreviations of 25-word seeds.
Near full coverage for:
- Hexadecimal strings of up to 123 characters.
- Random 55-character ASCII strings.
A Superior Product
It is clear that the Cryptosteel capsule is a superior product when it comes to keeping your seeds or passwords safe without third party custodianship. It is a crucial product for the decentralized world, and it allows you to sleep easier at night without breaking the bank. Cryptosteel capsules start at 74 EUR which is not too expensive, once you understand the benefits of owning such a device and all the innovative features it comes with. We definitely recommend it as a complement to your hardware wallet, especially if you store large amounts of Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies or even passwords within them.